Server Update. August 21/ 22, 2020 *New Date*

rivermobster

To all of my loyal customers,

My hosting company will be upgrading the servers and software that your website/email account is hosted on.

The upgrade window will be:

START: Friday, August 21st, 2020 @ 10:00 PM EDT

And last Until:

END: Saturday, August 22nd, 2020 @ 8:00 AM EDT

At some point during this period your website will be offline as well as all of your email accounts.  The downtime may not last the entire upgrade window.  I have been advised there could be between 6 to 10 hours of downtime sometime during this window.

Once the upgrade is complete, I will have to change all of your domain name records. If I am currently hosting your domain name records, as well as your website, the change will be seamless for you.

If I am NOT currently hosting your domain name records, please make sure to get your domain name login credentials to me, so I can make the appropriate changes.  We should have at least a week after the upgrade to do this. Feel free to reply to this email with them.

FAQ:

Will I have to make any changes at all to my website?

Nope.  I will make all the domain name changes for you.

Will I need to make any changes to get to my email?

Possibly...

Email Scenario One

If you are currently using my email services, AND you are using an email client on your phone or a client such as Microsoft Outlook, you will need to make a minor change to your email client.  

Instructions are here

Note:

If you are concerned at all about getting to your email, you can always just go to...

yourdomainname/webmail

Log in with your full email address (just like you would with gmail or yahoo) and your email password (previously supplied to you).  

Click on Roundcube for your email client, and you will see all of your emails there. (this is how you can always obtain direct access to your email server).

You can try it anytime!  this method will work before and after the upgrade.  Go ahead and give it a shot now, so you can see how it works!

Email Scenario Two

If you are already using web based email, Rainloop, Roundcube, SquirrelMail, there will be no changes at all to your email.

As always, thank you so much for your loyal business.  I am always working behind the scenes to make sure you have the latest software and security in place on your websites and email accounts.

I am also monitoring your Google listings. If you see any issues with your Google search results, please let me know, and I will make the changes for you right away (business hours, phone numbers, business address, etc.).

Once again, thank you so much for your business and let's all hope 2020 goes away SOON!!!

Sincerely,

Joe Cuccio